Thursday 17 March 2011

So far so good!

I have not exactly been sitting on the couch since my boat burning incident three weeks ago.

I have been busy worrying about family friends who are now hostages in Somalia and trying not to imagine what could happen to them if the ransom demands are not met.

Kevin and I have also been supporting our oldest son who is grieving for his 19 year old friend who died last week in New Zealand in a car accident.  My husband and I could not help thinking how this could have been one of ours!  How quickly your perfect world can be completely destroyed by a phone call!   This is our son’s first brush with death and he is having a hard time dealing with it.  He now spends a lot of time with his friends and he has also reached out to friends he has not seen in awhile.

This week I finally rented the last unit in the 8-plex we own half of but are somehow fully responsible for.   Part of the roof blew off during a windstorm on Monday which now means I will be dealing with the insurance company.  I have decided to put the apartment building up for sale, first one with a cheque for $575,000 takes it.

I am also trying to sell an industrial building that we are part owners of and dealing with three other rental properties - feel free to contact me if you are thinking of becoming a landlord, I have lots of experience, both very good and very bad.

I have managed to apply for a couple of jobs and I have also baked a lot of bread.  Note to potential employer, don’t worry about me being too busy for that great job I am looking for.  I am working on simplifying my life and will be ready very soon.

I am also still on the Economic Development Committee for Claresholm even though I technically do not qualify after having resigned from my job.

Trying to follow my own 10 rules (as posted in the blog titled "It all adds up") which means I read a lot more (#3) as I am having trouble with #5.

We have watched a lot of basketball the last 3 weeks as it was the end of the season and our youngest son’s team made it to Zones.  It also resulted in him being invited to play for a Lethbridge team which he is considering.

I am still mending my broken heart after leaving the retirement home, I have never made 45 friends so quickly in my life. 

Today I have to finish photo copying two pounds of documents in support of my Canadian Citizenship application which is due Friday.    

Going to bake another loaf of bread now!

Any comments?  Contact me at GreaterLivingInstitute@gmail.com




­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

No comments:

Post a Comment