Thursday 16 June 2011

5 Compliments every day

Kids need 5 compliments every day!

I am not sure where I read this but I thought about it after writing about "You can't cram on the farm" yesterday because it also pertains to building self esteem in kids.

In raising kids you need to be consistant and that also goes for building self esteem, kids need to know that they are doing well in addition to being loved.

I often find myself telling/reminding my kids about what to do every day and not as much praising them. "Do this" and "don't do that" is part of many interactions with the kids, especially teen-agers and I don't think I praise them enough.

Today my kids will get at least 5 compliments each, I promise!

If you have any comments, you can contact me at ullameredith@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment