Wednesday 15 June 2011

You can't cram on the farm

I am reading “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey and I really like this quote “You can’t cram on the farm”. He goes on to explain how ridiculous the concept of cramming on a farm is. “To forget to plant in the spring, play all summer and then cram in the fall to bring in the harvest. The farm is a natural system, the price must be paid and the process followed. You always reap what you sow; there is no shortcut”.

This is the point of planning – In trying to follow my 30-60-90 day plan I can be reasonably assured that my chosen priorities and tasks will be done by a certain time. If I give the task priority, it will get done. The only obstacle to this plan is me, I decide if I really want to do something or not.

Change takes time and the bigger changes often takes more time but that is o.k. – the point is to start and to decide to follow through then whatever it is you want to accomplish will happen.

You can contact me at ullameredith@gmail.com if you have any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment